SilversSneakers® offers an innovative blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle and socially oriented programming that allows older adults to take greater control of their health.
SilverSneakers® members receive:
- A free fitness center membership at a nearby participating location with access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities.
- Access to any participating fitness center throughout the U.S. while traveling.
- Customized SilverSneakers® classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance.
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- A specially trained Senior Advisor at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers® and acquaint you with their site.
- The award winning SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is a proven, results-oriented program that enables older adults, often burdened with chronic conditions, to take charge of their health and maintain an active, independent lifestyle.
***SilverSneakers I (Muscular Strength and Range of Movement)
Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living for older adults. Hand‐held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball are offered for resistance, and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
***SilverSneakers II (Cardio Circuit)
Combine fun and fitness to increase your cardiovascular and muscular endurance power with a standing circuit workout for older adults. Upper body strength work using hand‐held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball is alternated with non‐impact aerobic choreography. A chair is offered for support, head to toe stretching, and complete relaxation in a comfortable position.
***Level one classes: Geared for beginners, seniors, post‐rehab, pre‐ and post‐natal, and anyone who desires a lower music volume!